I will visit Canada next month, so I try to find out as much information as possible about this country, and this recipe is interesting. Although autumn is nearly over there, it’s worth give it a try 😉 Ah, this yummy tempura is common snack in Osaka, Japan!
Tempura Japanese Maple Leaves Recipe
1. Clean Japanese red maple leaves with a wet towel
2. Make tempura batter
3. Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan to 350 F degree ~ 175 C degree (you can add maple syrup, it is optional)
4. Lightly dip one side of a Japanese maple leaf in the batter
5. Immediately fry them until brown
6. Drain tempura on a rack
Tempura Batter Recipe
1. Beat 1 egg in a bowl
2. Add 1 cup ice water
3. Add 1 cup sifted all purpose flour
4. Mix Lightly (Be careful not to overmix)
A Canadian has just tried to mix this dish with Poutine! What do you think about the result?